The Networker project
This project realizes a Ethernet interface on a PIC based platform.
As a gateway module it enables communication between standard TCP/IP sockets and serial busses like I2C, SPI and UART. Also up to 13 GPIO pins can be accessed (written to or read from).
Here is a feature overview:
- Ethernet device with tiny TCP/IP stack
- Based on a low cost 8-bit PIC microcontroller (PIC18F67J60) from Microchip
- Bootloader integrated for easy firmware updates with TFTP
- Integrated webserver for configuration with dynamic websites
- User based webserver authorization
- Multicast DNS functionality for easy device and service discovery with Bonjour
- Power-over-Ethernet: Prepared for power supply via the ethernet connection (PoE - 802.3af)
- Extensive settings via the webinterface
- Unlimited parallel usage of modules
- Usage of 2.54 mm pinheaders enables simple integration in custom circuits
- Interfacing SPI, I2C and UART
- Included ADC for sensing and PWM for control